You may have heard of it or not so for those who may not be familiar with the movement here's the meaning of HYGGE. The Danish word, pronounced "hoo-ga", is usually translated into English as "cosiness". It's basically the Danish ritual of enjoying life’s simple pleasures such as friends, family, graciousness, contentment, good feelings. It's all about creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people.
Here are my top five styling tips (inspired by House Beautiful UK) to achieve the Scandinavian look at home.
- Make sure your home is warm and comfy
- You home is not like a page of magazine - Sure you can get inspired my them but make sure you create a decor that suits you
- Choose lamps for its purpose and not only its design (see this)
- Less is (Much) more - One of my favorite of course
- Surround yourself with few well-chosen pieces - My #1 favorite that is completely in line with my vision and mission with La Fabrique Deco (shop here)
And how all these translate into your home decor...
Source: The Estate Trentham
Source: Real Simple
Source: Homes Nine
Source: House of Valentina
Source: A Joyful Journey
Source: J'aurais pu m'appeler Marcel
Source: SF Girl By Bay
Last by not least to get inspired...
Source: Nordic Design